Rural Agricultural Work Experience (RAWE) as per the syllabus of 5th Dean Committee of ICAR.
Eligibility: B. Sc. – Agriculture.
Duration: 16 Credits Hrs as per the Syllabus of ICAR.
Admission: When required, as per the syllabus of different Universities (07 Semester / or/ 08 Semester)
Registration fee: 500/- INR
Course Fees: 4000/- INR
The Rural Agricultural Work Experience (RAWE) programme is a flagship activity for the final year B.Sc. (Ag.) students during the last semester. Building self-confidence in the agricultural graduates by honing their professional skills is the key objective of introducing RAWE at the under graduate level by ICAR. During the village stay, the students stay along the rural households for a fortnight, which provides a rare opportunity to rediscover the farmers. Besides acquiring first hand field experience, the RAWE modules bring about positive changes in the students’ mindset, outlook, personality traits, managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
- 1. Village Attachment/ Socio-Economic Study.
- 2. Agronomical Interventions.
- 3. Plant Protection Interventions.
- 4. Soil Improvement Interventions.
- 5. Fruit and Vegetable Production Interventions.
- 6. Food Processing and Storage Interventions.
- 7. Animal Production Interventions.
- 8. Extension and Transfer of Technology Activities.
Other Components as per the Syllabus of SAU’S and Private Universities Accredited with ICAR.
- 1. Mushroom Cultivation .
- 2. Food Processing – Value addition.
- 3. Plant Health Clinic.
- 4. Organic Farming.
- 5. Agri Business Management (ABM).
- 6. Apiculture / Bea Keeping.